Creating a digital course for travel agents in the middle of a pandemic which left the entire industry on its knees is NOT exactly the ‘ideal’ circumstances in which to start a business, and yet it is exactly what Steph successfully did in 2021 (and with a tiny audience and email list to boot!)
In late 2020, after experiencing the downturn of her own travel business thanks to the C-Word, Steph found herself wondering where to channel her energy and resources.
With a huge passion for the travel industry and the people in it, Steph decided that she wanted a way to help her fellow agents navigate through the ‘marketing’ side of business and providing them with digital course to help them stand out online and generate leads in a way that most traditional agents had never considered. After kicking off a podcast for the industry and growing her OWN personal brand in the space throughout that year, no-one was better placed than Steph to do just that.
In today’s podcast episode, Steph and I talk about her journey from travel agent to podcaster to course creator over the past 12 months and how she has navigated that transition in an industry hit hard by the pandemic:
We chat about:
- The challenges Steph faced attempting to create a digital course in tough industry circumstances and how she shifted her mindset to navigate them skilfully;
- The “up front” work involved in being a course creator (hint: it’s not all laptops and pina coladas by the pool!);
- How Steph knew that her course idea was a winner;
- How Steph achieved a stellar conversion rate in her first launch that smashed through standard benchmarks even with a tiny list and small audience;
- And more!
If you’re an aspiring course creator considering creating an online course but wondering whether it’s the right ‘time’, whether your audience is ‘big’ enough or where the circumstances are quite right, you will be inspired by Steph’s journey – because if she can do it, so can you!
Links and Resources:
Want to create, launch and scale a flagship online course? Here’s a few ways I can help you:
- Apply for My Free, Advanced Private Training on How to Swap Clients For Courses: https://www.steviesayssocial.com/launchpad
Apply for Launchpad now and get access to a free advanced private training where I hand you my ENTIRE process for creating, launch and scaling a course along with all of the details for Launchpad.
- DM Stevie on Insta – let’s chat! https://www.instagram.com/steviesayssocial
Want to follow Steph, our guest for this Episode? Here are her links!
- Join Stephanie’s Free Live Training “Steal My Travel Agent Runway Framework + Stand Out In The Digital World”? https://stephaniemyers.academy/masterclass
- Sign Up for Stephanies 7 Lead Generation Strategies for Travel Agents: https://www.stephaniemyers.academy/cheatsheet
- Listen to Stephanie’s Unplug in Paradise: The Podcast: https://plnk.to/unpluginparadise
- Follow Stephanie on Instagram: @travel.by.stephanie
Enjoy this episode?
If you enjoyed this episode and the Stevie Says Social podcast generally, I have a favour. Please take two minutes to subscribe, and to write a rating and a review. You can do that on Apple Podcasts right now by clicking here. If you are an Android user, you can follow the podcast on Spotify here. Those actions will help the podcast reach more people, and I would be truly grateful. Thank you so much.